Thursday, January 17, 2013

Those Amazing Kids

The other day I was taking some photos for a friend, whose daughter is in this OC Dancing, of a 2013 winter ballroom gala event they initiated. About 20 or more kids were at the “show” and a little to my surprise (I didn’t mean to be mean, but you know, you set your expectation watching kids dancing together for their parents), the whole thing was absolutely amazing.

Fromthe little ones who are only 5 or 6, to the apparently more mature ones aged
about 15 to 16 - everyone of them had happiness written on their face when they
danced. Even though some of them were shy when you talked to them, they were
expressive, passionate and dedicated while they were dancing.

The first part was about showing their parents what they learned (tango, …sadly this is the only one I could name right..), and the second part was like a mini show – they have set the story scene in a train station and stitched different stories with various music and dancing in it. Awhhh, was it touching! They danced in a style that was exquisite but natural, with even a little bit curiosity about their own moves with the music. I’m so glad I recorded the whole thing so they kept a record of this wonderful performance.

Meh, sometimes I wish I can dance too.



No comments:

Post a Comment