Saturday, January 19, 2013

Starbucks Salad Bowl

Today I was driving thru Starbucks and trying to get a cup of Mocha before I headed to the library. Then I saw something in their menu board. Salad Bowl.

Yes, Salad Bowl. I wish I was in the store so I could witness how the salad bowl looks like. The price was $6.95 stating on the board.

I just Googled it and it looks like the salad bowl's gonna be in a clear plastic squarish box, tossed with chicken, veggies and dressing on the side.

Cool. My first reaction.

Really? On a second thought.

The debate of whether to serve breakfast in the store has been lasted forever, and it seems that now Starbucks is able to manage to keep the smell of hot sandwich out -- So you smell coffee only -- so far so good. They've been having cold sandwiches, and trying to push for their oatmeals thru vast email blast (Give u an extra star in your Starbucks reward they said).

OK...but salad bowl?

Starbucks may need to be more careful before they push fast forward this whole meal campaign. Though I don't mind someone sitting next to me not reading a newspaper but eating salad and sandwich in the store, some other people might. Because after all, coffee culture has something unique to it that people don't usually like to associate with chicken caesar salad, unless Starbucks (and I wouldn't be much surprised if they really succeed)  can make those meal offerings fashionable and cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment