Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lao Dong Beef Noodle Soup @ Irvine 老董牛肉面


Guess what, the new beef noodle soup place that we've been waiting so long... is OPEN now!!
(During the long months of me and my friends waiting for this place to open, we actually made couple good jokes, one of them being-- Friend: Hey, you know that new clear soup beef noodle place, when does it open? Me: WTH is a Nuclear Beef Noodle Soup?!....o(╯□╰)o

Anyway, we can't wait to try this new place! It's in the plaza of Jefferey&Walnut in Irvine, near 99 Ranch Market, replacing the old Pho place. 

We ordered a championship clear soup beef noodle (清炖牛肉面)and soup dumplings. 

The word I would use to describe the soup is --"SOOTHING". It really is. The soup texture is between chicken broth and the ones you used to get at the stewed beef noodle place, and the color is like the ones you see in a Japanese ramen place if you order Miso Noodle Soup. 

It is not salty, which makes me very happy. The noodles are not too soft nor too chewy, I would actually give a 5 star on the noodle itself. As far as the beef...I wish there were more of them, as they were really yummy too.


Too bad they ran out of the shrimp & luffa melon soup dumpling. But the pork ones were just great... You have to really eat them while they were steaming hot (well, maybe not, but at least try them while they were still warm... lol you know what I mean), otherwise the soup would all be absorbed by the dumpling skin.


Ok I don't have a picture for the most important noodle soup, that's because... I forgot to take a picture as soon as the bowl was served to the table...sad face...Oh well, plenty of opportunities in the future I'm sure. 

Now there are three beef noodle places (possibly more) in that plaza. I wonder how the competition will head towards... I'm hungry now just by looking at the soup dumpling photo above. So I shall stop typing now and go to bed.

Chilly in OC...Night!


Lao Dong Beef Noodle Soup at Irvine 老董牛肉面
http://www.yelp.com/biz/lao-dong-beef-noodles-irvine
5414 Walnut Ave
Irvine, CA 92604
(949) 653-5728




No comments:

Post a Comment